Saturday, September 4, 2010

desperately seeking a costume Madonna & Rosanna Arquette

LOVE this costume! Such an 80's tribute! Great job, down to the green socks!


Photo notes;

desperately seeking a costume contest

Right side of photo by Smoothdude.

Those of us who spend weeks each fall toiling over the costume process, from idea inception to execution of the finest detail, await with bated breath the moment we step foot outside dressed as someone we hope everyone will recognize. We spend countless hours and dollars collecting wigs, wading through second-hand clothes, combing the Internet for photos, and practicing the perfect pose. When the big night comes along -- we're ready.

In recent years past I've coupled with Bryan as both Angelina/Billy Bob (remember those days?) and TomKat; gone solo a la HBO; and made a Britney-through-the-years trio with Sue and Sarah. This year was a feat of overseas coordination as Jen and I pooled international resources to recreate a classic 80s look. Bryan went retro too; living completely in the 80s for one night is always oh-so-dreamy for me. Sometimes I think if I could wear that much makeup and that big hair every day, I would. Luckily, I can't.

On Tuesday, Jen and I were thrilled early on when two guys passing us on the street yelled out, "HI SUSAN!" (It's a bit of an obscure a costume choice, we know.) Later that night we got a few more shout-outs at The Cutting Room, including a gal about our age who uttered the aforementioned "Desperately Seeking Susan?! Oh my gawd that's awesome!" Heartwarming.

Looking around on flickr, I have to give props to Amy and Patrick for incorporating 8 months of pregnancy into the act. Their photoset also reminds me why I love Halloween in San Francisco so much.

We had a blast hanging out with rasta Sly, my photographer brother and rocking Jayney. The Meatloaf cover band was 80s awesome too, and even if I only got a shot of Constantine Maroulis's head, all told it was an excellent Halloween.

What did you dress up as?

No comments:

Post a Comment